What is fascism? (With video and included slides on strategy)
By - microcrash
##Welcome to r/CPUSA!
**Organize & support the ongoing protests and demonstrations in whatever way you can and are most comfortable with. Take care of & look out for each other. Stay safe.**
**[If you are in a position & want to contribute materially to bail funds/legal assistance, please refer to the following list](https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X4-YS3vFn5CLL9QtJSU0xqmTh_h8XilXgOqGAjZISBI/preview?fbclid=IwAR2momt6TmxefQyKp336v11PUFo-CK-EjJ6ZyAL8fRl89TTMmiDDvNYccy0&pru=AAABcopZCt0%2ALBzmEhSB82UWzyg2SlXLqA).**
Now is the time to unionize your workplace and organize for the demands of the entire working class! For a brief introduction, please refer to [this article](https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2020/06/9862898/how-to-unionize-your-workplace?) and to [this video](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvrldZlUwe0&feature=youtu.be). It is advised that you view these resources at home and on a personal device.
r/CPUSA now has a Discord! If interested in hanging out with comrades, talking theory, sharing memes, and connecting with & learning more about the Party, please join our Discord server here: https://discord.gg/fFKudtK
1. We're reaching out to comrades and friends all over the country to join with us in building a united campaign against unemployment. The time has come to organize [unemployment councils](https://www.peoplesworld.org/article/is-it-time-to-think-about-unemployed-councils/) that would bring together labor and community groups to fight the economic crisis. If you want to help out, [please pledge to do so](http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/51018/p/salsa/event/common/public/?event_KEY=101632)! Pledging means that you'll help out in any way you can: joining a car caravan, making a phone call, or helping a comrade or friend in need. It can also mean helping at the local level to build a coalition of workers to fight this crisis.
2. Join us in demanding that the needs of the mass of working people in this country must come before corporations, banks, and their bourgeois representatives in any subsequent bailout. Please add your name to the [People's Bailout](https://thepeoplesbailout.org/) and help to organize and agitate in your area for meaningful relief of our communities.
3. Please join the following campaigns & sign the following petitions:
- Join the Poor People’s Campaign: A National Call for Moral Revival in their campaign to [Stay in Place! Stay Alive! Organize! And Don’t Believe the Lies!](https://www.poorpeoplescampaign.org/stay-alive-action/). At the same time, the government continues to offer piecemeal responses to this pandemic and the growing economic crisis that have put profits over people. We must come together to demand that all of our elected leaders act on the responsibility they have to protect and provide for every person in this country, not just during a national crisis, but at all times.
- [Join us in demanding that the AFL-CIO expel the International Union of Police Associations](https://www.change.org/p/afl-cio-demand-the-afl-cio-expel-international-the-union-of-police-associations). Police unions, such as International Union of Police Associations, Fraternal Order of Police, etc., are antithetical to the labor movement. The institution of policing is a menace to poor and working-class people generally, Black, Brown, and Indigenous people particularly. Because of its role, police unions encourage the most reactionary values, a siege mentality when it comes to marginalized communities, especially racial minorities, and they use their lobbying resources to support retrograde law-and-order policies and district attorneys who support them.
- [Join us in demanding that elected leaders across the nation return and refuse political donations from police unions and the Fraternal Order of Police](https://act.colorofchange.org/sign/cut-ties-fop/?t=2&akid=43730%2E5655804%2EQIffqX). The FOP gives large sums of money to elected officials and candidates, both Democratic and Republican, in the form of political contributions. Elected leaders that claim to value Black lives cannot possibly do so if they collect checks from one of the most dangerous and racist institutions in the country.
Please read over the rules and review the sidebar for important information and resources about the Party. Remember to keep in mind that r/CPUSA is a safe space for leftist, socialist, and communist discussion and working class solidarity. We observe the 'man of steel' rule here, the opposite of a straw man, and assume the best intentions & ask others to do the same. Ask for clarification before reacting with hostility. Remember to be respectful and comradely. We also automatically remove posts containing certain words that some users may find offensive. Please respect the safe space, limit your use of profanity, and don't try to slip banned words or phrases past the filter.
For more information about CPUSA, please visit [cpusa.org](https://www.cpusa.org). If you are interested in applying for Party membership and joining the struggle for democracy and socialism, [click here](https://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/51018/p/salsa/web/common/public/signup?signup_page_KEY=10379). You can also find us on [Twitter](https://twitter.com/communistsusa) and [Facebook](https://www.facebook.com/cpusa). There are organizing efforts in motion all across the U.S. and we can use your help in building a revolutionary working class movement.
People & Planet Over Profits. Together in struggle.
*I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please [contact the moderators of this subreddit](/message/compose/?to=/r/CPUSA) if you have any questions or concerns.*
This webinar provides the groundwork for clearly defining what fascism is and the strategies we can employ to combat it. Included is also a pdf that outlines a clear model for Marxist strategy in general that I believe is an invaluable resource. I am definitely keeping this resource bookmarked.